The Capital Region Annual Education Awards Dinner will be held this evening (Wednesday, April 12) at the Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Albany, NY. This annual event hosted by CASDA recognizes educators and administrators whose tireless energy and selfless dedication are the pulse of our schools.
The 2017 ceremony will feature the Greater Capital Region Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) Prospective Educator Scholarship Awards, the Nelson J. Armlin Scholarship Award, the Capital District Counseling Association Counselor of the Year Award, the Greater Capital Region Principals’ Center Principal of the Year Award and the National School Development Council Cooperative Leadership Award. In addition to these awards handed out in previous years, CASDA is presenting for the first time awards in Excellence in District Administrator Leadership, Excellence in School Board Service and NYSPSAA’s Section 2 Athletic Director of the Year.
“We are excited to once again recognize so many talented educators who demonstrate dedication, exemplary leadership and go above and beyond to accomplish the extraordinary in our region’s school districts during this special evening,” said CASDA Executive Director Dr. James Butterworth. “It’s their commitment to the educational success of their students that make them such indispensable members of their school communities and deserving recipients of these awards.”
The following educators will be spotlighted during this evening of awards and celebrations that will include more than 150 area educators and their families in attendance:
* Excellence in District Administrator Leadership Award—Winner:
* Excellence in School Board Service Award—Winner:
* Capital District Counseling Association Counselor of the Year Award—Winner:
* Greater Capital Region Principals’ Center Principal of the Year Award—Winner(s):
John Caporta, East Greenbush Central School District
Joby Gifford, Schalmont Central School District
Michael Paolino, City School District of Albany
* Cooperative Leadership Award on behalf of the National School Development Council—Winner:
* NYSPHSSA’s Section 2 Athletic Director of the Year Award—Winner:
* CASDA Service Recognition Award—Winner:
* Greater Capital Region Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) Prospective Educator Scholarship Awards—Winner(s):
Sarina Biski, Schalmont High School
Matthew Davis, Colonie High School
Theresa Mulvey, Columbia, High School
Cheyenne Robinson, Cairo Durham High School
Mariam Sadar, Colonie High School
Austin Underwood, Hudson Falls High School
* Nelson J. Armlin Scholarship Award—Winner:
For more information on this year’s awards dinner, visit us online at www.casdany.org/awardsdinner.